Re: Recovering data from a wiped HD

From: Gary L. Palmer (palmergat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 06:34:13 PDT

    There are methods to attempt recovery of data in this state. The science
    is called remenance recovery and involves detailed knowledge of disk
    geometry and microscopy. If you want a more detailed explanation go to
    this link (Dan Farmers page):
    http://www.fish.com/security/secure_del.html
    This paper was written in 1996 but the technology is sound. However,
    drive technology has advanced logarithmically since it was written.

    Gary