RE: Flushing DLLs follow-up

From: DE VILLIERS IAN (ian.devilliersat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 23:21:23 PDT

    Frank,

    > Starting with NT 5.0 (= W2K), there is the *very* helpful hibernation
    > option. It will just copy the entire RAM onto a file at the HD :-))

    Although NT 4.0 doesn't give a hibernation function, on previous occasions
    when I have needed to check the > physical RAM on NT 4.0,

    I used a reasonably effective although probably unorthodox way of dumping
    the memory to disk - check that your crash recovery options dump the
    complete RAM to disk and cause a blue screen.

    Although this is a good way to get the RAM contents to disk when you are
    interested in specific programs in memory, I suppose doing something similar
    for forensic investigations is not an option, but I wouldnt know much about
    that...

    Regards,

    Ian de Villiers