Palm Forensics

From: Titus, Jennifer (Titus.Jenniferat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 11:36:12 PST

    I have a "User Data" file that has information in it that according to the
    user was not visible on their Palm.  Even though the device was synced with
    the desktop over a period of time.

    My question is:  Is there information in the User Data file that would not
    appear on a users Palm?

    For example:  The User Data file looks like this;

    Mr. Joe Cool
    Title:  SSN-***-**-****

    There is no field in Palm Contacts that corresponds to "Description" so
    therefore, could something be "hidden" in the User Data file and not appear
    on the Palm?

    I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

    Thanks!