Re: Exchange/MAPI message origin

From: Rob Harmer (robharmat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 12:21:21 PST

    Sean,

    Wouldn't the Properties/Message Source dialog boxes give most of that
    detail?

    For instance is your PC node name "ntex6npc" at alliant.com?

    Regards

    Rob Harmer
    http://www.pcprofile.com

    FYI your inbound message shows header details such as;

    From: "Settle, Sean" <SeanSettleat_private>
    To: forensicsat_private
    Subject: Exchange/MAPI message origin
    Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:59:35 -0700

    Is there a tool to determine which computer a MAPI message was sent from?
    We would like to be able to determine the origin machine of email messages
    as needed but have not had much luck finding a tool to give us this
    information.

    Sean Settle
    X Network Services Q NPC X
    Phoenix, AZ