automated forensics

From: Marcelo Abdalla dos Reis (ra000504at_private)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 06:02:36 PDT

    I am A MSc student in Brazil and my research is related to computer
    forensics. I am particularly interested in automation of the examination
    process, I mean the use of some techniques (Bayesian reasoning e.g.) to
    automate the process of information gathering, search for evidences among
    the information colected and correlation of the evidences found.

    There are ongoing efforts in this way. ICE (Intelligent Correlation of
    Evidence) is a tool reviewed in the paper of T. Goan, "A Cop on the Beat:
    Collecting and Appraising Intrusion Evidence", and I quite sure that there
    are others.

    So could you point me some references about ICE and other tools or
    researches related to automated analysis of computer evidence ?

    Thanks in advance.
    Best regards,

    Marcelo Abdalla dos Reis
    System Administration and