RE: DD -> Netcat NT Imaging

From: Kruse, Warren G, II (Warren) (wgkruseat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 17:55:13 PDT

    Shameless plug warning:
    As described in Chapter 11 of Computer Forensics: Incident Response Essentials, we used dd and netcat to copy an
    image of one of the filesystems over our lab LAN to our analysis machine. unrm
    operates on an entire filesystems, so it wasn't necessary to use mount-we just ran
    unrm against the filesystem image, making sure that we redirected the output to a
    filesystem with enough room. Then we started lazarus -h and left for lunch.

    -wk