Re: Imaging a "live" system

From: ed.crossleyat_private
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 08:45:38 PDT

    Plase forgive me with this, im not an expert like the rest of you ;)

    could a read only quaranitne be put up around the drive to image. if read
    requests are required by the system these are allowed. If the system needs
    to write to the disk, could it be diverted to a secondary drive, with the
    system assuming it has gone to the original? then any request for data
    wrote would come from the secondary device. in the mean time, the original
    disk is imaged. Just a thought. Forgive me if its a stupid one!!

    ----------	  ---------------	 -------------
    | system |<-------|		|<-------| hard disk |
    |        |------->|		|	 |           |
    ----------        |		|	 -------------