Re: Red Hat Box..

From: Dan Fry (Danat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 06:09:04 PDT

Thanks for all the help and advice offered, next time i get compramised, i
know what to do :p
also, i will be reinstalling my Linux box very soon!..

i have rm - rf'd the box now, and deleted the partion etc..
i have Windows .NET Enterprise Server running on it for a short time, while
i have a play, then i will be reinstalling Red Hat Linux, and hopefully
being able to monitor stuff a little better, i am speaking to a few people
on the "honeypot" mailing list as to packet sniffing and stuff.

I will be contacting the Admins of the box that was used to hack me.

My Windows 2000 is the gateway computer, i just left the ftp mapped accross
and i knew the ftpd was insecure (silly me) next time i will only have
telnet or ssh left mapped accross and irc.

Thanks for all the help, it was really appericated
I have lots of little tips/tricks and commands noted down :o)

- Dan Fry.
"To the world you may be one person,
but to one person you may be the world"