Re: Dating the creation of a CD-R/RW?

From: James.Holleyat_private
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 06:02:47 PDT

    Mark,

    The number are stored on disk a little backwards, and they are 16 bit
    numbers. So don't break them into individual components. D207 is the
    number, not D2 and 07 separately.

    Read the number D207 as 07D2. That equals 2002.
    Read the number C40F as 0FC4. That equals 4036

    I am not sure how to decode the 4036 into Time Zone and Type value. Unless
    Time Zone is 4 hours off of GMT and type is 036. Maybe someone else can
    answer that.

    > The only problem with this is that we do not understand how to get the
    > year and time zone from the 16 bit values.  How does Hex value D2 07
    > equal the year 2002?

    James

    ===============================

    James O. Holley
    Ernst & Young
    Litigation Advisory Services &
    Computer Forensic Services
    http://litigation.ey.com

    Office:   703.747.1059
    Fax:       703.747.0104
    Lab:       703.747.0253
    Pager:    888.620.5275
    Pager email: 6205275 "AT" skytel.com

    The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.  Thank you.  Ernst & Young LLP