Re: Remote Syslogd

From: Ryan McBride (mcbrideat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 08:05:59 PST

    On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 11:18:04AM -0500, Paul Timmins wrote:
    > I mean, they can move the paper back a line or two with the epson
    > control sequences and try to print over it, but combined with a remote

    It's fairly easy to hack up a little ratchet tooth for one of the
    fanfold paper feed wheels; I've seen such a solution in production. I
    imagine that a malicious user could burn out the feed motor by trying
    sufficiently hard to back up the paper, but if they have that much
    control of the system they can probably stop logging to printer
    altogether.

    -Ryan

    --
    Ryan T. McBride, CISSP - mcbrideat_private
    Countersiege Systems Corporation - http://www.countersiege.com