Re: 2 data recovery questions

From: Jesse Kornblum (jesse.kornblumat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 06:12:18 PST

    On 10-Nov-2002 11:39 AM, Rod Hauser wrote:

    >2) a 3.3V 64MB SmartMedia card that was filled up in the camera, but now
    >shows as blank (errors) both in the camera and in the FlashPath floppy
    >adapter.  . I downloaded a piece of software that said it might read it, but
    >it doesn't show any more data.  I've considered buying a USB adapter just to
    >try recovery one more way, but I do not have high hopes.
    >Any opinions to the contrary?

    You may wish to try a program we developed for exactly this purpose
    called Foremost (http://foremost.sourceforge.net/). You can recover
    files based on their headers and footers, which should make recovering
    the JPEG/TIFF files from your camera very easily. Enjoy!

    --
    SA Jesse Kornblum
    Chief, Research and Development