Re: TCP/UDP Data Streams - Packet Reassembly

From: Bryan Strong (bstrongat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 15:45:06 PST

    Susan Chan Lee wrote:

    >Anyone know where to obtain information of re-assembling TCP/UDP data
    >streams.
    >
    >I mean I have captured data using Tcpdump (i.e. raw data), how to I
    >recombine the data into the orginal word attachment (or like)? Cannot
    >seem to find any information anywhere on the technical involved in this.

    As others have already mentioned, ethereal is a terrific open source
    protocol analyzer with some abilities to do TCP session "playback" but
    out of the box it will not break.  For commercial products, and I am in
    no way affiliated with any of these, I have heard of NetDetector,
    NetIntercept, and NetWitness all playing in this arena.

    -Bryan Strong
    bstrongat_private