Re: Any Win32 version of "file"?

From: Fred Mobach (fredat_private)
Date: Sun Dec 29 2002 - 14:02:57 PST

    Ricci Ieong wrote:

    > In unix system, there is a tool -- file, which can be used for identifying
    > the version and type of file.
    >
    > Do you know is there any win32 version of this tool? Where can I download
    > that?

    I searched google with cygwin+"file utility" and it showed a message of
    Stephen Samuel on this mailinglist from Aug 14, 2002 :

    [citation]
    The Cygwin utilities ( http://www.cygwin.com/ ) give you access to
    many UNIX utilities (like 'file') under windows, if you have to run
    your machine under that OS.
    [/citation]
    --
    Fred Mobach - fredat_private - postmasterat_private
    Systemhouse Mobach bv - The Netherlands - since 1976