RE: Any Win32 version of "file"?

From: Bojan Zdrnja (bojan.zdrnjaat_private)
Date: Sun Dec 29 2002 - 13:40:08 PST

    'file' tool is basically very simple. Its "brain" is actually in the
    file /etc/magic (or /usr/share/misc/magic on some Linuxes) - that file
    explains the structure of files it will recognize.

    You can find Win32 port of 'file' at:

    http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/file.htm

    Follow links for download and installation.

    Best regards,

    Bojan Zdrnja