RE: Identifying Win2K/XP Encrypted Files

From: Bojan Zdrnja (Bojan.Zdrnjaat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 03:45:25 PST

    Use cipher utility which comes with Windows 2000 and with some parsing
    you'll be able to easily find encrypted files.
    If you want to run it on whole HDD be sure to redirect output to some file
    which you can check later.

    Ie:

    c:\> cipher /S:C:\ > output

    and then output file will contain something like:

     Listing C:\
     New files added to this directory will not be encrypted.

     U 23990098.$$$
     E test
     U AdobeWeb.log
     U Documents and Settings
     U fport-2.0

    File test is encrypted, other files and directories are not encrypted.

    Best regards,

    Bojan Zdrnja