RE: Identifying Win2K/XP Encrypted Files

From: Dante Mercurio (dmercurioat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 06:39:01 PST

    Pulling the plug would lose access to any third-party encrypted
    partitions that may otherwise be accessible. PGPDisk comes to mind. If
    the drive was mounted, and you pull the plug, you've lose the capability
    of seeing that partition and any evidence on it unless you can recover
    the key.

    Anyone have any recommendations in that regard? Would a better policy be
    to poke a little? What about information in active memory?

    M. Dante Mercurio
    dmercurioat_private
    Consulting Group Manager
    Continental Consulting Group, LLC