e-discovery

From: Darren Welch (armyreconat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 06:16:06 PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    I am auditing a client's legal department's e-discovery policies and
    procedures and looking at process improvement. I was hoping someone knows of
    or has already architected a solution for the following;

    Assuming a case of civil litigation where company "x" is the defendant and
    is required by court order to present all information related to topic "y";
    is there a utility that will scan every node on a network (single subnets on
    up to 60,000 nodes), searching each node's directory structure and file list
    for keywords which relate to topic "y"?  Then identifying the path to such a
    find? I would like to be able to search nodes such as user hard drives,
    network shared drives, files servers, db's (oracle, sql, etc), and
    webservers, etc., on W2K, WNT, Linux, Unix, Solaris, Novell...

    I am interested in locating normal files and am not interested in recovering
    deleted files or files in UA space. I would like the output to display
    "Keyword Hit", "IP Address", "Machine Name", "Logged on user", "Filename
    containg keyword hit", "Path to File".

    I know this is an extensive wish list but maybe someone knows of a solution?
    Thanks, D