Re: Linux, dd, and image file

From: Paul Hoyt Nelson (pnelsonat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 08:31:54 PST

    Paul,

    Regarding the partition offsets; Here is information on an enhanced
    loopback driver that understands partition tables and allows per
    partition manipulation:

    ftp://ftp.hq.nasa.gov/pub/ig/ccd/enhanced_loopback/

    Once an imaged is associated with a loop device, such as /dev/loopa,
    the individual partitions are referenced just like physical
    partitions, ie /dev/loopa1, /dev/loopa2, etc...

    Paul
    TI Paul Hoyt Nelson                                 Paul.Nelsonat_private
    Computer Crimes Division                                216.433.9747 (voice)
    Office of the Inspector General             800.759.8255 PIN 1630358 (pager)
    National Aeronautics and Space Administration         216.433.3597 (STU III)