Re: Citrix

From: Luis Gomez (lgomezat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 07:27:30 PDT

    On Viernes, 18 de Abril de 2003 12:23, email lists wrote:
    > normally a well configured citrix gateway should only allow ram based
    > bitmap caching. this assumes:
    >
    > - users connect to citrix via the company's nfuse portal
    > - the sysadmins of the nfuse portal have modified the template.ica files
    > to disable disk caching, etc.

    How about virtual memory? The swap behaviour is out of any app's reach, an
    application cannot control (IMHO) whether their data are being swapped to
    disk. So, I think we're once again in a case where looking at swap areas in
    the disk may reveal interesting data. Last time I commented this was about
    IRC sessions (that one was easy: just "strings" and let's see what you find),
    this one seems a little more complicated as you would have to look for the
    magic number corresponding to bitmaps and try to determine whether what you
    are finding IS a bitmap, in that case maybe opening it would give you good
    news.....

    As usual, am I right? Or does this make not any sense ?

    Regards from Spain

    	Pope

    --
    Luis Gomez Miralles