RE: More on possible remnants of wiping ..

From: Mark G. Spencer (mspencerat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 09:37:47 PDT

    Hi Jack (and curious listmembers!),

    I have been getting some emails regarding the filenames, so I put the
    compressed text files on a FTP server.

    If anyone wants to take a look, they are at:

    208.179.248.80
    User: ISIT
    Pass: Wiping?

    You will be dropped into the proper folder with the zip file.

    I spoke to Symantec and they didn't think the data I have was consistent
    with the use of Wipeinfo.  I went down that road because I found an earlier
    tape backup of this particular machine and in slack space of various files
    found mention of Wipeinfo (and the rest of the Norton Utilities) having been
    installed at one point.  In any case, I have the NU 2002 version and will
    test this for myself.

    Thanks for taking a look,

    Mark