Proprietary hard drive interfaces

From: Michael Edwards (medwards@digital-legal.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 17:35:48 PDT

    Does anyone have a handy source for proprietary hard drive connections or
    interfaces?

    While I have 2.5" to 3.5" drive adaptors, I note that I'm often running
    into laptops with proprietary interfaces. While some can be easily removed,
    others are more permanently attached - like, say, glued on - and avoiding
    damage is always ideal.

    In most cases, I'm able to work around it via other interfaces (USB, etc.),
    but things would be speedier if I could connect via IDE. Any ideas on where
    to acquire such stuff?

    Googling for 'em and the archives haven't turned up much, but perhaps I
    just missed a good search term.

    The only thing I can currently think of is cannibalizing dead drives /
    machines and building 'em for myself.

    Thanks in advance.

    Michael Edwards
    Blank & Associates P.S.  -  206.256.9699 x36
    2001 Western Avenue, Suite 250  -  Seattle, Washington 98121

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The contents of this message are intended solely
    for the person to whom this message is addressed, and may be protected from
    disclosure or dissemination by the attorney-client privilege or other
    guarantee of confidentiality.  If you believe you have received this
    message in error, please notify the sender at
    <mailto:medwards@digital-legal.com>medwards@digital-legal.com and destroy
    all copies.