RE: Windows forensics with Linux analysis machine

From: Brad Bemis (Brad.Bemisat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 23:31:59 PDT

    There have been lots of good recommendations, I even saw the standard
    Knoppix distro mentioned.  I would add that the Knoppix-Security Tools
    distribution is actually quite useful for this.  The creator of the distro
    has even been kind enough to post a "how-to" for adding your own library of
    security tool to the Knoppix distro.  Knoppix-STD will mount all of your
    partitions (FAT and NTFS) automatically, and you can do whatever you need
    to them with a number of tools from the CD.  http://www.knoppix-std.org/

    Thank you for your time and attention,

    =======================
    Brad Bemis
    Information Security Services
    DHL/Airborne Express
    (206) 830-3478
    Email Notice: This communication may contain sensitive information. If you
    are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this
    communication in error; do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or
    otherwise use the information contained herein for any purpose. Please
    alert the sender that you have received this message in error, and delete
    the copy that you received.