Re: MIB extensions

From: Henry Hertz Hobbit (hhhobbitat_private)
Date: Fri May 08 1998 - 00:55:59 PDT

    On Mon, 4 May 1998, Eduardo Jacob wrote:

    > I would like to know if there area MIB extensions or records that are
    > related to security incident handling. Not related to what is normally
    > understood as security management in SNMP.
    >
    > 	Eduardo

    I don't know exactly what you are asking here, since MIB as
    I understand it is the Management Information Base used by
    SNMP. However, you may want to check into the FWMIB site
    since most of the MIB records for a firewall would be something
    that you would use to monitor what is happening at the firewall
    via SNMP, rather than logs of activity. Here is the FWMIB site:

    http://cso.bbnplanet.com/docs/ietf/fwmib.html

    HHH

    If encryption is outlawed,
    	u"mIE0:L`XJcUx?k{$w<Ay4N],7E)X>a%)
    Americans: Support your Bill of Rights - Download PGP today!