segmentation fault

From: Robert Stringer (stringer32at_private)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 10:37:01 PST

    Hi

    We try to restore a gauntlet config from the floppy (coming from the
    production) with the utility "gauntlet-admin" and it works but we receive an
    error message during the process: "Segmentation fault core dumped".

    Here's what we did:

    >From the main menu, we chose "System operation", "Restore from floppy" and
    finally "Quit and update configuration".

    This is where the problem occurs: just before the prompt "Rebuild system
    configuration?" we received the message "Segmentation fault".

    Is there anyone have an idea of the problem?

    Is the config on floppy corrupted? We tried with an other floppy (taken
    about three months ago) from the same firewall but we have the same problem.

    We run Gauntlet version 4.2 on a Solaris 2.6 Ultra 5.

    Note: we have three more firewalls and we restored their config too and
    everything works fine.

    Thank you

    Robert