pptp, freeBSD and FWTK

From: Quinn Yancey (quinn_yanceyat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 08:06:31 PST

    Hello firewall gurus,

    We are kicking around the idea of setting up a VPN using pptp
    to allow NT-based clients access to our internal NT domain via
    their own ISP and the internet. We currently are using freeBSD
    and fwtk for our firewall. I would be very interested in hearing about other
    people's experieces in setting up this
    capability using a similar firewall configuration. In particular, what
    changes are required for the following:

        /etc/services
        /etc/inetd.conf
        netperm-table       (this is the FWTK config file- we use 2.1)
        PoPToP config files
        PPP config files
        freeBSD kernel changes  (we are using 3.4-STABLE)
        NT client configuration
        anything else that I forgot

    Thank you very much for your time.

    Quinn Yancey - Systems Administrator, NT, AIX, freeBSD
    bioMerieux, Inc, St. Louis, MO, USA
    quinn_yanceyat_private