slightly off-topic, tcpdump output analysis?

From: Carl Brewer (carlat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 22:09:56 PST

    This is a bit off-topic, but maybe someone here can help?

    I'm looking at a few pretty big tcpdump output files, and
    want to use them to build up a picture of the type of traffic on a network
    (specifically it's a WAN link, but that doesn't matter).

    Does anyone on this list have any pointers to scripts
    that look at tcpdump output and build up traffic stats
    etc?  Rather than write my own, I'm sure someone must have
    done this before?

    thanks

    Carl