RE: Recent Attacks

From: Staggs, Michael (Michael_Staggsat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 10:50:13 PST

    I could not agree more. Punishment is most effective when it is immediate,
    impersonal and no negotiation involved. This is especially true when the
    "class" (or lack thereof) of this type of DoS attacker is the
    braggart/vandal. These are juveniles, regardless of age, who have yet to
    associate behavior with consequence. Only by swift and merciless pursuit
    will the message be driven home to these vandals and their ilk. Real damage
    in the form of immediate and long term revenue/capital loss has been
    suffered by the victims. What could be more fitting than real and just
    damage to the perps?

    MJ