Re: [fw-wiz] ASP

From: Steven M. Bellovin (smbat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 11:49:16 PDT

    In message <5.0.2.1.2.20010626121501.00aad070at_private>, hermit1 writes
    :
    >Is there a general feeling about the safety of Active Server Pages?  I know
    >a little about what needs to be done with the OS and on the programming
    >side to keep ASP from being wide open to attackers.  Is there a preferred
    >alternative?

    *All* server-run scripts -- ASP, CGI, XYZZY -- are network services
    being offered to the public.  As such, they should be treated with
    extreme suspicion.  In particular, these are the reasons you don't want
    your Web servers on the inside of your firewall.