[fw-wiz] PIX Firewall IP Addresses

From: Mark McCreary (MMcCrearyat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 07:40:53 PDT

    We are using a CISCO PIX firewall version 5.2(5), with both NAT and PAT
    enabled.  My task is to clean-up/reduce the number of conduit rules.  I am
    new at this.

    While reviewing the rules in place, I noticed many cases where individual
    rules are written for consecutive IP addresses.  My question is whether
    the syntax allows for a "range" of addresses to be used in one rule.  For
    example,

    Rules written to allow access from source addresses - 172.165.50.200,
    172.165.50.201, 172.165.50.202

    Can a source address on one rule replace the 3 rules above, such as
    172.165.50.200-202

    Thank you for any assistance.

    Regards,

    Mark McCreary