Re: Increase in Sun RPC Scans

From: Martin Markgraf (mm@RIEN-AG.DE)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 02:22:17 PDT

    Jason Lewis wrote:

    > Anyone else seeing an increase in SunRPC (port 111) scans?  Several networks
    > I manage are getting scanned from lots of different hosts.
    >
    > The scans are random IP's on the same subnet, I guess to evade IDS?

    I see a lot of sunrpc scan's over the last few months on my honeypot but
    can't say they are increasing. Since April 6 this honeypot was scaned
    14 times for sunrpc from different hosts, 15 times for bind, 11 times for
    ftp and 6 times for lpr.

    regards,
      Martin

    --
    Martin Markgraf
    Rien Informationssysteme AG                         fon: +49 2841 9083061