Re: Increase in Sun RPC Scans

From: Arthur Donkers (arthurat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 08:38:41 PDT

    Hi,

    Same here. Me thinks it has to do with the different Linux based
    worms running 'round on the Internet. They scan for vulnerabilities
    in BIND (53), LPD (515) en statd which is serviced by the portmapper (111).

    Are they just regular syn/stealth scans or do they contain a payload as
    well ?

    The higher ports are most probably backdoor related ports.

    Grtz,

    Arthur

    --
    /* Disclaimer :   you hire my skills, not my opinions, those are mine !    */
    /* email : arthurat_private    Security    'Me ? I'm not me ! I'm just a   */