Re: attachment; filename="photo1.jpg.pif"

From: Portnoy, Gary (gportnoyat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 09:38:39 PDT

    Here is what the text says, loosely translated:

    "Hi!
    I got your email address from a common friend (your was the first address he
    thought of).  I just got on the internet for the first time and just got
    this email address.  I am writing my first email!  My friend told me that if
    I have any questions, I could ask you.  I am cute and friendly (look at the
    photo attached).  I'll be waiting for a response from you.  Write me a
    little info about yourself and what more you want to know about me.  Bye-bye

    My guess, if the file is not a virus, that this is some kind of a mail-order
    bride rig, or an attempt to get you to reveal info about yourself.  Maybe if
    you carry on some sort of conversation with her, she'd ask you for CC # or
    something...

    Later