Packets originating at port 23

From: Bobby, Paul (paul.bobbyat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 13:57:56 PDT

    I've been seeing quite a few packets that originate from the Internet on
    port 23. The traffic is always destined to port 3072 on my boxes in my dmz.

    I have only seen 30-35 such packets in the last month, and unfortunately
    have not yet caught them on my sniffer, although they have registered in my
    router and firewall logs.

    What is interesting is that the destination IP of all these packets do not
    exist; yes they belong to me, but there are no physical devices with these
    IP addresses.

    Anyone seen anything like it?

    Paul Bobby
    <dream> Got Root? </dream>