Re: Mysterious message

From: Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooijat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 13:44:06 PDT

    On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Mark Challender wrote:

    > I received this over the weekend.
    >
    > What do you folks make of this?

    Hard to tell without seeing the full headers. It may tell you something
    about the validity of the message. And did you check for attachments to
    this message?

    > What do I do now?

    Panic?

    I assume you did your daily sanity check on your servers and found nothing
    suspicious. You verified crucial files against a know untampered source
    (like the installation CD's)

    I guess the subject line is telling about the state of mind of the sender
    and a full copy with all headers intact should be kept as you may need it
    if you where to report a break in to a law enforcement agency.

    Hugo.

    --
    All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
        hvdkooijat_private		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/