Re: Found this in my logs

From: Fernando Cardoso (fernando.cardosoat_private)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 02:03:47 PDT

    A quick _mem_bin search in Google gave me a dozen of URLs in the manner of
    http://www.something.com/_mem_bin_/some_login.asp. So it seems that the
    directory _mem_bin is part of some sort of cgi used for access control.
    Since the UNICODE exploit uses any executable directory, _mem_bin is an
    appropriate target for that. Looking for the timestamp, it seems that this
    is an automated tool.

    Cheers

    Fernando

    --
    Fernando Cardoso - Security Consultant       WhatEverNet Computing, S.A.
    Phone : +351 21 7994200                      Praca de Alvalade, 6 - Piso 6

                          INTERNET MAIL FOOTER
    A presente mensagem pode conter informação considerada confidencial.
    Se o receptor desta mensagem não for o destinatário indicado, fica
    expressamente proibido de copiar ou endereçar a mensagem a terceiros.
    Em tal situação, o receptor deverá destruir a presente mensagem e por
    gentileza informar o emissor de tal facto.
    Privileged or confidential information may be contained in this
    message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you
    may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you
    should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply
    email.