Slow scan from China ?

From: Arthur Donkers (arthurat_private)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 23:58:03 PDT

    Hello All,

    Over the past two days we are being slow probed for random ports on random
    addresses in our registered C class, including the xxx.xxx.xxx.0 address !

    All probes originate from port 80 on an IP address in China. Making a
    connection to this port 80 gives a header that attempts to make itslef look
    like IIS 5.0, but somehow it is not correct (wrong order of headers, wrong
    error messages and so forth).

    Anyone else seeing similar things ?

    Grtz,

    Arthur Donkers
    Le Reseau

    --
    /* Disclaimer :   you hire my skills, not my opinions, those are mine !    */
    /* email : arthurat_private    Security    'Me ? I'm not me ! I'm just a   */