Limit http request per IP

From: Archi2K Archi2K (archi2kat_private)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 02:37:50 PDT

     Hi,

    Last two days some people successfully made my servers crash by sending tons of random but valid http request to my webserver. (maybe that kind of script with wget??).

    Anyway, I DENYied the C-class subnet.
    Unfortunetly, I had the same problem last night with the same kind of request comin' from another subnet...

    My question is : is there an existing tool to limit http request per IP?

    Any help will be *greatly* appreciated!

    Cheers,
    a2k