Re: recent sadmin worm

From: Vitaly Osipov (vosipovat_private)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 01:22:08 PDT

    phew, I got about 200 replies from antivirus programs about "virus contained
    in a message". I wonder what's the use of marking this _perl_ script as a
    virus - it is an exploit program, no more, no less... Looks like it's a
    rather non-creative attempt by virus-scanner makers to stop some popular
    exploits (or to have a reason to say that their signature base is very big
    :) )

    regards,
    Vitaly.