Re: Port 10008

From: Tracey Losco (tal1at_private)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 08:49:53 PDT

    Hey there,

    I had the same thing going on here yesterday and the day before.  I
    did some poking around and found out that the Lion worm spawns a
    rootshell on 10008...maybe we're seeing a new automated search for
    compromised machines?

    At 11:10 AM +0200 5/15/01, Joerg Weber wrote:
    >Hello everyone,
    >
    >my FW-Logs went insane last night with gazillions of connection attempts to
    >port 10008.
    >FW-1 does unfortunately not log dropped packets, so I've no idea about flags
    >et al, but the scan looks like this:
    >SourcePort = Increases with each scan
    >DestPort   = 10008
    >
    >This looks like an automated tool to me, as the whole scan took about a
    >second or two.
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Joerg

    Tracey Losco
    Network Services			securityat_private
    Information Technology Services		http://www.nyu.edu/its/security
    New York University			(212) 998 - 3433

    PGP Fingerprint: 8FFB FE47 6156 7BF0  B19E 462B 9DFE 51F5