New breed of Linux w0rmkit

From: Arthur Donkers (arthurat_private)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 00:15:23 PDT

    Hi All,

    Look what we found in our honeypot this morning:

    A new breed of the Linux w0rmkit that uses the adore module to hide itself.
    The backdoor listens on 12345 and is a 1.2.26 sshd with a preprogrammed
    password of h4ck3d!

    It is a more advanced version of the earlier w0rmkit since it uses the
    adore kernel based rootkit and chattr to make itself permanent on a system.
    It exploits the usual Linux vulnerabilities (the same scanner as w0rmkit)
    to gain access.

    Grtz,

    Arthur

    --
    /* Disclaimer :   you hire my skills, not my opinions, those are mine !    */
    /* email : arthurat_private    Security    'Me ? I'm not me ! I'm just a   */