Re: What's on 4662 ?

From: Erick Staal (elstaalat_private)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 22:01:17 PDT

    Hi,

    The application the scans are searching for is an app call e-Donkey. This
    some sort of file-sharing system. For who also encountered these scans and
    want to know more:
    http://www.edonkey2000.com.

    I can't make out if your scans were done with malicious intent however. As
    eDonkey looks like a 'genuine' application and not a Trojan port and I
    haven't looked for exploits on eDonkey.

    eDoney is according to the abovementioned website available for windows and
    Linux.

    Sincerely, Erick