Re: another wave?

From: Jose Nazario (joseat_private)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 13:23:19 PDT

    On Thu, 24 May 2001, Chip Mefford wrote:

    > A sentry standing guard will pay better attention when he knows
    > hostility is emminent.

    > No one can been at 100 percent all of the time.

    very true.

    like i said to froggy earlier, luckily this anticipated wave of activity
    is hot on the heels of the early may, 2001, wave of defacements and
    attacks. its fresh in peoples' minds.

    not that that makes much of a difference, i think that people are securing
    in completely assinine ways (in a nutshell, people are too
    lazy/dumb/afraid to do whats truly needed, which is a massive
    reevaluation and adoption of decent technology). the infrastructure of our
    worldly Internet is ripe for the picking. the only reason it works even
    remotely is because the people who could do some real damage just haven't
    been bothered to do so.

    *shrug* bring 'em on, i say. maybe, just maybe we'll learn a lesson or
    two. i doubt it though.

    </cynicism>

    jose nazario						     joseat_private
    	      	     PGP: 89 B0 81 DA 5B FD 7E 00  99 C3 B2 CD 48 A0 07 80
    				       PGP key ID 0xFD37F4E5 (pgp.mit.edu)