RE: Rash of navy web site defacements

From: Andrew Thomas (andrewat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 01:51:40 PDT

    Bad taste to reply to my own message, I know, but I missed off
    another check as part of ACL setting - remove IUSR/IWAM account
    write access from all directories that don't explicitly need it.
    This is a rare occurance - document uploads and the like on
    website, or file attachments to web-based mail systems.