Re: Sadmind/iis worm code anyone??

From: Jens Hektor (hektorat_private-Aachen.DE)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 13:06:12 PDT

    Oliver Mannion wrote:

    > Several of our IIS machines have recently been attacked by the sadmind/iis
    > worm - it seems to be getting around again. Now I'm curious as to the
    > workings of the worm, does anyone have a copy they could please email to
    > me?

    What the machines look like is pretty well documented under
    CERTŪ Advisory CA-2001-11:

    Have seen some of those machines. The code is not so much interesting,
    I think you can get similar codes 'round the corner. Just had a look on the
    logs (easy to find with the above URL) to learn more about my network.

    So watch out for a machine scanning you for http that responds positive
    to "telnet $attacker 600" and get a copy yourself.

    Bye, Jens

    --
    Jens Hektor, RWTH Aachen, Rechenzentrum, Seffenter Weg 23, 52074 Aachen
    Computing Center Technical University Aachen, network operation & security