Re: New maniac rootkit

From: Denis Ducamp (Denis.Ducampat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 04:52:07 PDT

    On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 09:04:26AM -0400, Andrew Heath wrote:
    > I also know it's making IRC connections, plus has at least one
    > rootshell running.  I can't confirm this without modifying bits
    > of the box, to replace ps with a known good copy, and I can't do
    > that until one of my colleagues looks at it to get first hand
    > experience.

    You may use lsof ftp://vic.cc.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/ to see all the
    running processes and the open files, if none are hidden by adore...
    You may try http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/outils/rkscan/ to detect the
    presence of the adore rootkit.

    Of course, compile them on another system.

    Denis.

    --
     Denis.Ducampat_private --- Hervé Schauer Consultants --- http://www.hsc.fr/
    Owl/snort/hping/dsniff en français  http://www.groar.org/~ducamp/#sec-trad