Re: Unicode Logs with Ping Activity

From: myrddin_eat_private
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 11:13:16 PDT

    Understood, and thanks for the detailed information. That is what I was
    trying to learn!

    Any one have an opinion as to the likelihood of the originating address
    not being spoofed? I counted four unique addresses that used the system
    for ping attacks over the course of 20 days.

    DISCLAIMER: NO, this was not my server. YES, I do know that the patch for
    Unicode was released with bulletin MS00-057. YES, I did read the FAQ before
    posting. Geez guys, take pill.

    Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com

    and tracking system please see:

    http://aris.securityfocus.com

    IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.