ANOTHER possible Windows problem?

From: David Bernick (bernzat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 13:15:21 PDT

    At around 3pm EST all of the Windows 98 boxes at my company suddenly
    turned their proxy settings on (we don't use a proxy) and set their
    proxy server to: cache.mycompany.com (substitute mycompany with the name
    of mycompany) and port 3128.

    Now i know port 3128 is a Squid proxy port, so i guess that makes sense,
    but has anyone ever seen anything like this before? the few win2k boxes
    are fine, as are the linux boxes. Is there a trojan or something like
    that where the payload changes proxy settings?

    or is it something else entirely?

    thanks!

    dave

    and tracking system please see: