RE: Code Red, anyone?

From: Coen Bongers (CoBat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 03:56:43 PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm starting to see the first infection attempts to systems on the cable
    modem netblock on my snort IDS at home.

    (Funny, I can see all the traffic in mij neighbourhood on my cable modem
    connection, is that normal?)  ;-)

    Some relative info:

    Snort 1.7 with standard rules, and the CodeRed additional rules.

    										Source		Dest
    #0-(6-107)  CodeRed Defacement 2001-08-01 09:44:58  211.205.83.13:2008
    212.xxx.xxx.xxx:80  TCP
    #1-(6-131)  CodeRed Defacement 2001-08-01 11:17:50  211.41.180.163:2566
    212.xxx.xxx.yyy:80  TCP

    Time is in GMT +1 and as far I can tell are the sources two closely related
    Korean hosts
    And a quick scan with the eEye CodeRed scanner (Thank you quys!!) is telling
    me that both servers are to be considered vulnerable.

    Is it starting, or am I just (un)lucky to see a couple???

    take care,

    Coen Bongers
    Senior Network Engineer

    Mobiel: 06-2001 7443