Re: Code Red Etiquette for posting

From: Vince Vielhaber (vevat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 09:14:08 PDT

    On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Alfred Huger wrote:

    > Hey folks,
    >
    > I do think it's important to for us to all share traffic. However, when
    > sending us your stats *please* let us know how you are coming to your
    > conclusions. Ie, are you running an IDS? Grepping Web logs? Making it up?
    > etc. This will help us all put this into context quicker.

    I can do that.

    Since 08:25 -0400 I've had 17 hits in the web log.  Three in the 8:00
    hour, three in th 9:00 hour, 6 in the 10:00 hour and 5 in the 11:00.
    I visited each one, most were unresponsive, a couple had under
    construction banners up, one was a broken real estate office (bad
    javascript), and one was YOYOROCK.  Nothing defaced unless being down
    counts.  Just checked again and there's been nothing in the last 45
    mins.

    I don't think I'd call it a full plate of crow, maybe a couple of
    feathers :)

    Of course the news agencies could be doing it so that they don't have
    to eat crow!

    Vince.
    Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vevat_private    http://www.pop4.net