Code red probe followed by udp port 10xx

From: Thompson, John J (ThompsonJJat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 10:24:23 PDT

    --Im using blackice server agent on my iis5 box--

    Ive noticed that the ISAPI overflow attempts are being followed by (within a
    minute) a udp port probe to ports 1094,1028, or 1143 (perhaps dynamicaly
    changing). Ive detected 4 of these for 4 scans since 11:30am CST. The udp
    probe is usually a ten count.

    Anyone else seen this?

    John

    Note: I do have Ip filtering enabled and blocking all but tcp 21,80,137-139.
    Same blocks apply on blackice.

    John Thompson
    Network Administrator
    Dept. of Biochemistry